Um unsere Website für Sie optimal zu gestalten und fortlaufend verbessern zu können, verwenden wir Cookies. Durch die weitere Nutzung der Website stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu. Weitere Informationen zu Cookies erhalten Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.Ausblenden
AO Trauma Course—Managing Pediatric Fractures
The AO Trauma Course in Pediatric Fracture Management offers an interactive learning environment based on clinical experience to demonstrate, apply, and discuss the principles and techniques of today’s fracture management in children and adolescents. *** Details are subject to change ***
This course is targeted at traumatologists, orthopedic surgeons, and other surgeons who are actively engaged in pediatric fracture care and who want to enhance their level of expertise in the field of pediatric trauma/orthopedics management.
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
• Recognize how bone characteristics and fracture classification are different in children and adolescents compared to adults, and describe how this affects bone healing and fracture management
• Evaluate a range of nonoperative and surgical options for the treatment of common pediatric fractures
• Manage pediatric fractures according to biological and mechanical principles, and apply appropriate techniques and technologies
• Apply treatment strategies for pediatric fractures based on available evidence
• Develop strategies for the prevention and management of complications associated with pediatric fractures
• Explain the issues related to managing the child and family
Please find more information here.